The Puerto Rico Department of Housing (PRDOH) has been designated by the Government of Puerto Rico as the agency responsible for administering CDBG-DR funds in close collaboration with the Central Office of Recovery, Reconstruction and Resilience (COR3). The PRDOH wants to invite all participants such as individuals, organizations and entities that want to do business with the CDBG-DR Program to register on our webpage, in the procurement area, to participate in procurement processes.
Frequently Asked Questions
Procurement is a multi-step purchasing process for acquiring goods, services or works from potential sources. In administering the CDBG-DR Program, PRDOH will use its own procurement procedures, which reflect applicable state and local laws and regulations providing for full and open competition.
There are five (5) primary procurement processes that are being used by PRDOH for the CDBG-DR Program.
The Procurement Division, under the CDBG-DR Program, is responsible for the cost reasonableness of the acquisition of goods and services to ensure an open, fair and transparent competition. (For more information on the different types of procurement processes please access the Action Plan on our webpage; p. 14)
By submitting your information into the register form, you will be notified of potential business opportunities open to the public. All business opportunities will be posted on the CDBG-DR webpage in the Procurement area.
The Proposer seeking the Section 3 business concerns preference must be able to demonstrate that they meet one of the following criteria:
- 51 percent or more owned by Section 3 residents; or
- Has permanent, full time employees at least 30 percent of whom are currently Section 3 residents, or within three years of the date of first employment with the business concern were Section 3 residents, or
- Has a commitment to sub-contract in excess of 25 percent of the total dollar award of all sub-contracts to be awarded to such businesses described above.
A DUNS (Data Universal Numbering System) number is a nine-digit number recognized as the universal standard to track businesses worldwide. It is a requirement to have a DUNS number when participating in a CDBG-DR procurement process.
- To register: https://www.dnb.com/duns-number/get-a-duns.html
- There is no cost in registering for a DUNS number.
El registro en el “System for Award Management” (SAM) es requisito para participar de los procesos de adquisición del Programa CDBG-DR. Para hacer negocios con fondos federales usted debe estar registrado en el SAM.
- To register: https://sam.gov/SAM/
- There is no cost in registering in SAM.
For any questions regarding procurement processes you can contact the Procurement Division of the Puerto Rico Department of Housing please call: 787-274-2527 ext. 6618 or send an email to: firstname.lastname@example.org